MULTI-AWARD WINNER RAS KUUKU SITS DOWN WITH Amanda Jissih

MULTI-AWARD WINNER RAS KUUKU SITS DOWN WITH Amanda Jissih
WHICH WAS POWERED BY 4Real Records :Ras kuuku is best known for his sounds in the dancehall genre or reggae.
Young, energetic, and full of life, Ras Kuuku is a pleasure to be with as he creates a relaxed mood for an evening chat.


Presenter : Alright it’s your Girl Amanda jissih live and intimate with Ras kuuku on GHone studios .How you doing today?


Kuuku: Feeling good working on the new album.
You have achieved fame within such a short period of time. How do you feel now that everywhere you go, people know you and are all over you?
It’s crazy, it’s everywhere. I can’t go just anywhere. It’s something that comes with the job. I look at it as people are celebrating me and I’m happy about that. ''puom''
Your recently released video, ’Gban Gban’’, has gotten a lot of good reviews. How do you feel about that? 
When I wanted to drop it,my team really motivated me. The response has been encouraging..
Why now? Why did you decide to venture into dancehall music at this point in time?
I’ve been doing music for like ten years but I took it seriously in may 2013.


Where do you get the inspiration to write your songs?
Every musician knows how to write good music. You don’t have to be inspired really. I don’t have to be in love to write a love song.
What are your real names?
Kojo Kurankye


Which musicians inspire you?
Alborosie and Peter tosh


Who did you grow up listening to?
When I was young, Ghanaian music hadn’t really developed as it is now. It was people like Sheriff Ghale and Sony Achiba that were really singing much then.
What is the genre of your songs and what message are you trying to pass across? 
Reggae Dancehall. I’m telling people how I feel. My message is to make people happy when they hear my song.
What have been the high points of your career so far? What deals, endorsements, shows, recognition have you gotten that was quite memorable for you?
There have been so many. But the one I did lately was my signing with Malaysian  base records (4REAL RECORDS)




Which production and Musicians are you working with for your album?
Dr. money and jah shock ,I’d probably do the rest of the production myself. I’d be doing collaborations with shatawale and stonbwoy
Which musicians do you dream of working with internationally?
______
Who is the real Ras Kuuku? What is your personality like apart from the one we see on our TV screen or on stage?
I’m cool, I like chilling at home watching TV. love watching Cartoon Network. whatever you see is real, there is no fake. PUOM
what should we be expecting from you this year?
Definitely my album would be out sometime this year but I really don’t know when. I’ll release more videos, and then we are releasing other artistes on the label as well.

Any words to your fans? 
I love you all. Keep supporting me,. If I have done anything you didn’t like in the past, accept my apology, and keep requesting my music on radio and TV. ‘’PUOM”

Comments